These hand-carved African Blackwood animals are carved in Tanzania of lustrous, dark wood. Some are fully black, while others have accents of lighter wood. African Blackwood is dense and hard, making these animals great paperweights and decorations.
All wood sourced from Tanzania is certified for export from their forestry service, making certain to limit wood poaching and deforestation. We work with carvers in the famous Mwenge district in Dar es Salaam.
- All animals are hand-carved and have some variation in dimensions
- Giraffe measures approximately 8″ high and 4″ long
- Elephant measures approximately 3″ high by 4″ long
- Rhino measures approximately 2″ high by 7″ long
- Hippo measures approximately 2.5″ high by 6″ long
- We can’t guarantee a specific feature or wood pattern–but please let us know if you’ve seen one you’d prefer!